VP Financial Management & Administration
Jason isa memberof the Squamish Nation. Hecurrently serves as GIDT’s Vice-President of financial management and administration and has over 15 years experience providing technical support to First Nations at the local, regional andnational level. Jason also serves as Director of Temixw Planning Ltd., a firm that provides consulting and advisory services to First Nation governments and organizations to plan for community & economic development and to enhance the quality of life of First Nations people in Canada. His experience includes:
• Advising on financial components of treaty and self government negotiations including fiscalrelations, own source revenue, taxation and capital transfer chapters;
• Conducting economic analysis for First Nations in impact benefits agreement negotiations;
• Preparing service cost estimates for First Nations in service agreement negotiations with localgovernments;
• Comprehensive community planning, including spreadsheet analysis of a First NationGovernment’s fiscal position in different planning scenarios; and,
• Planning, research and policy development for the First Nations Financial Management Board.
Jason completed his undergraduate degree in Commerce (Urban Land Economics) at the University of British Columbia in 1994 and his M.Sc. (Econ) in Urban and Regional Planning Studies at the London Schoolof Economics and Political Science in 1998. Jason currently serves the First Nations Health Authority on the Board of Directors as the SecretaryTreasurer.